Pam Dyson, MA, LPC-S, RPT-S is a licensed professional counselor supervisor and a registered play therapist supervisor specializing in working with children 3-12 years of age at her private practice in Plano, Texas. As the founder and director of the DFW Center for Play Therapy Training she provides workshops, supervision, and consultation services. Pam is a past recipient of the Association for Play Therapy Key Award for Professional Education and Training and serves as secretary for the APT Board of Directors.
In this episode, we talked about:
- Concerns parents have about their kids with anxiety
- Differentiating between chronic anxiety and just a new experience
- Helping kids navigate through their anxiety
- Differences between trauma and anxiety; certain triggers
- Exposing kids to certain experiences that they aren't comfortable with
- Monster spray to keep the monsters away
- Transferring anxiety from parent to child
Links and Resources Mentioned:
- Homemade Monster Spray Ideas
- DFW Center for Play Therapy Training
- CDC Milestone Checklist
- My Many Colored Days, by Dr. Seuss
- Todd Parr's books
Listen to this bonus Podcast episode now.
The reFRAMED podcast is created to educate, encourage, and inspire parents and professionals that have a love for children and want to meet their needs.
Help Us Spread the Word! Please let your social media followers know about this podcast.
If you enjoyed this episode of the reFRAMED podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review, and subscribe.
Now that you've heard about the taming those worry monsters, do you have further questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.