Ashley Whiteside is currently the manager of Gladney's domestic infant program. She has been at Gladney for fourteen years and is a licensed master's level social worker in Texas.
Bailey Guthrie is a proud adoptive mom of a two year old boy. She and her husband were never diagnosed with infertility, but have been on a journey of ups and downs and losses along the way.
In this episode, we talked about:
- Emotions adoptive parents are experiencing after walking through the doors of Gladney
- loss or guidance with adoption
- Bailey's journey through the adoption process with grief and loss
- Different resources families can use to work through their grief and loss
- Choosing the option of adoption and knowing the right time to adopt
- Telling your caseworker about previous losses and how they can make the process better
- Bumps and triggers adoptive families can experience on their journey
- How to cope with getting matched and the match falling through
- Questioning the path of adoption and the confusion that comes with it
- Sharing Bailey's adoption journey with family and friends
Links and Resources Mentioned:
Listen to this bonus Podcast episode now.
The reFRAMED podcast is created to educate, encourage, and inspire parents and professionals that have a love for children and want to meet their needs.
Help Us Spread the Word! Please let your social media followers know about this podcast.
If you enjoyed this episode of the reFRAMED podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review, and subscribe.
Now that you've heard about the adoption journey and adoption process, do you have further questions? Please email us at email@example.com and let us know.