Lindsay Garrett, LCSW-S is the Post Adoption Specialist at the Gladney Center for Adoption. She works with Gladney's New Beginnings families and adoptees by helping find resources or talking through behaviors, or talking with parents who are struggling.
In this episode, we talked about:
- “Shark Music” a concept created from the Circle of Security which alerts us to when an interaction is not safe.
- Why understanding your shark music can help you to be a better parent.
- What “parenting from the gut” is and how your attachment style plays into it, along with how you were raised as a child.
- How to repair your relationship with your child and why it is important.
- How to be a better parent when under immense stress.
- How to practice self-care as a parent.
- Secondary trauma and how it is common in the adoption community.
- The importance of reaching out for help when things start to get hard rather than waiting.
- Advice for creating a self-care plan.
The reFRAMED podcast is created to educate, encourage, and inspire parents and professionals that have a love for children and want to meet their needs.
Where to subscribe: iTunes/Apple Podcast | Google Podcasts | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Spotify | RSS
Help Us Spread the Word! Please let your social media followers know about this podcast.
If you enjoyed this episode of the reFRAMED podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review, and subscribe.Now that you've heard our podcast, do you have further questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.