Season 1: Bonus 2
Emily Morehead, LPC, and Ashley Whiteside, LMSW, LCPAA talk about reframing how you look and feel about adoption. They break down what the adoption process might look like from the ground up. From using correct adoption language to the role of a birth parent caseworker, you will leave feeling more informed and less daunted about the intricate details of domestic adoption no matter who you are. This insightful discussion sheds light not only the challenges of adoption from all perspectives, but also the great triumphs that only your unique adoption journey will bring.
We are striving to make an impact in our world through creating conversations about topics that are important to you and yours.
Ashley Whiteside, LMSW, LCPAA is the Manager of Domestic Adoption at Gladney Center for Adoption. She is a licensed masters level social worker in Texas with over 14 years of experience working with the Gladney team. Her work includes 6 years as a birth parent caseworker and 8 years in her current position as Manager of Domestic Adoption.
In this episode, we talked about:
- The challenges and importance of being a birth mother caseworker
- Reasons why women chose to place their child for adoption and what that looks like for them
- What Gladney does to reach out to pregnant women seeking help
- The new and exciting AdoptED program through Gladney University
- What the all-inclusive adoption fee goes toward and how to make adoption a reality for any family
- Encouraging adoption language
Listen to the Podcast episode now.
The reFRAMED podcast is created to educate, encourage, and inspire parents and professionals that have a love for children and want to meet their needs.
Help Us Spread the Word! Please let your social media followers know about this podcast.
If you enjoyed this episode of the reFRAMED podcast, please head over to iTunes, leave a rating, write a review, and subscribe.
What do you think? What are your thoughts on adopting? Please email us your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.